Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

During my trawls through a local mall, a certain magazine caught my attention. At foresight, it seems to be a new copy of G.A.M.E. But that cant be right, I just bought this months copy, so I went closer and investigated, only to find out that it wasnt G.A.M.E. It was PLAYGROUND.

Of all the mixed emotions I had, bliss is the most dominant of them all. After all, you cant have too many local gaming mag, well at least until you find out that its unimaginative, dull and poorly written. Just like G.A.M.E.

Of course I just dont bash out of the blue, I smack dab on the middle of the blue.

I carefully read each page with somewhat low expectation but high hopes. Times passed, and I finally gotten through the whole thing. Unfortunately, all I saw was blog-liked half-assed opinions of 20 year old self-proclaimed gaming critics who do are in dire need of a remedial course in "creative" writing.

Simply put:

  • Their editorial Box looks familiar with old friends manning some of the posts.
  • Cover fails miserably, so bleak and boring
  • I like the thickness and size
  • Layout is horrible, reminds me of a PDF download
  • Console gaming is well represented, but I’d still rather get my updated news via online sources
  • Quite a bit of advertisers sprinkled throughout
  • No strategy guide of any kind, mostly opinions

Petty ramblings aside, the truth is pretty clear, G.A.M.E has competition in its hands. But neither of those even holds a candle to our dearly beloved GAMEMASTER. I sincerely hope both mags can change for the better, because as of this moment, PLAYGROUND isnt just fun.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home